Our philosophy is that installers should test the easy to replace components of the loop system first. You can’t fix a loop in the ground, so test it last and be confident in your diagnosis. If your at home reading lamp stops working what do you do? You put a new light bulb in it to see if that fixes it. The E-Z Detector Checker does the same thing, it’s a new loop (lightbulb) for your loop circuit (lamp).
The E-Z Detector Checker tests the detector, and harness wiring/circuit board connection. It does not test the loop, the only way to test a loop is with a megohmmeter. Learn how to properly test a loop with a megohmmeter here. The E-Z Detector Checker can also be used to help quickly calibrate open/close limits and swing timers.
We’ve had great success with the E-Z Detector Checker, it is a handy little device that can save your installers a lot of hassle when troubleshooting loop systems.
- Unit is encased in a tough PVC shell.
- Clip leads store neatly in base of unit.
- Reduces the chance of cutting in a new loop when the problem was in the detector circuit.
- Never needs battery replacement, unit is powered by the operator.
- Allows the opportunity to increase your profits by reducing your servicing time and reducing repeat service calls.